Policy on Respectful Dialogue
ISBBB 2016 is committed to a positive conference environment dedicated to excellence, equity and mutual respect. We welcome a wide diversity of participants from industry, government and academia. We encourage all attendees to keep dialogue courteous and criticism constructive. We encourage a lively and respectful debate of ideas. However, personal criticisms will not be tolerated.
Policy on Social Media Use
ISBBB 2016 encourages the use of social media before, during and after the conference and we invite you to blog, tweet, or Instagram your experience of the conference.
We ask that you adhere to the following guidelines for social media use:
- Refrain from sharing information when a speaker specifically requests that information NOT be shared;
- Refrain from taking photographs when a presenter requests that their work not be photographed;
- Be respectful of presenters and try to limit social media use during presentations;
- Use the hashtag #isbbb2016 to discuss the conference on social media;
- Communicate your thoughts and ideas about the conference in a respectful manner, keeping any criticism constructive; and
- Do not engage in rudeness.
Refunds of registration fees will be made in extenuating circumstances (illness, bereavement, etc.) at the discretion of the conference planning committee. The deadline for requesting a refund of registration fees are:
- by April 20th, 2016 – full refund of registration fees, minus administrative fee.
- between April 21, 2016 and May 1, 2016 – partial refund for 50% of registration fees, minus administrative fee.
- May 2, 2016 and later – no refund. Requests for refund consideration submitted after this date will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
Policy on Abstract Submission
Participants may submit up to two abstracts through our abstract submission page.
Submissions will be reviewed by the Technical Co-Chairs Committee and participants will be informed of the outcome of their submission in due course of time. In general, we encourage one registrant to give one oral presentation rather than two (if accepted).
In some cases, one oral and one poster may be approved for presentation by a participant, with approval from the Technical Committee.
Poster Competition Policy
While all poster presenters are welcome to give their presentation, only those presentations given by students will be eligible for prizes in the poster competition.
Student posters that are presented on their behalf by a non-student colleague or advisor will not be considered eligible for prizes.